Tuesday, March 18, 2008

e-motion

Hmm.. 3 months break! Plan for roaming, traveling, catching up with friends, doing something useful.. Oops, still left with free time. Ok, resort to Blogging! Decided the following guidelines for blogging (a) Regular, frequent, crispy posts (b) Avoid non-sense just for the sake of humor (c) Try some thought-provoking-stuff. Here goes the first!

There was a time when "e-" was prefixed to every damn thing to signify the usage of internet: e-business, e-tail, e-ticket, e-commerce e-tc. But there is word to which 'e-' was added long before internet was known. It's e-motion - the motion has nothing to do with internet nor is this way of splitting right. Ok, with that intro, let me get into the actual post!

My PG farewell hasn't been as senti as UG's. I told myself I am more matured & less emotional now - esp. accepting that changes are part of life. But... Recently visited CEG, my UG college - went alone since it was a weekday (office time for friends!). After meeting my favorite profs, spent 1-2 hrs roaming in the campus. It is tough to explain how I felt - something within me seemed to resonate with the buildings, class rooms, trees & hostels; heart felt a little heavy; preferred walking slower (and sit at every place); had a feeling of having left something. Hmm.. So, it has probably to do with the impact that the place has created than the change in myself.

Many a times, I used to think that being emotional is a sign of weakness - We tend to lose the true picture, get driven by impulse from inside - makes us more dependent on outside entities - brings to us sadness, disappointment & frustrations when expectations are not met. Does that mean being senti is all bad? No is the obvious answer - Without emotions, life will be robotic, dull, boring and without any force. Shouldn't force-ful life be a sign of strength and not weakness? Also, emotional drive might work better than rational drive in certain cases (e.g. Gandhi Vs Hitler?). Most of the Entrepreneurs and many of the high-achievers are driven by emotion. So, it's easy to derive that one needs to balance emotional and rational drive, but implementation is not that easy. It needs prudence, real wisdom, full consciousness of onself & everything around us - Will post an entry, if I invent a formula for balancing! :)

No comments: