Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Love Vs Lust

Apart from the fact that both of them start with an "L" and have 4 letters, they are quite some differences...

LustLove
Makes one LethargicMakes one Energetic
Treats the person as an ObjectTreats the person as a Being
Failure would make one angry & frustratedFailure could cause pain
Pleasure only at that momentMakes one joyful, *not* just that moment
Makes one selfish - Feeling that "What will I get out of this?"One puts the other person first - Feeling that "How could I be helpful!"
Could make one DestructiveWould make one Constructive and Artistic

5 comments:

A Proud Vinnakota said...

SMS,
Looking at the detailed analysis, it seems you have lots of experience with both Lust and Love. Great going man.

A Proud Vinnakota said...

...also, you seemed really angry and frustated today. Now I know the reason.

SMS - Shanmugavel said...

Raj,

Replies to your posts

a) One doesn't need to have experience to comment about something. [I thought of adding a disclaimer to my post that "this post doesn't necessarily mean that I have experienced all of these". Though I'm not saying that I have never experienced any of these.. ;)]

b) "A -> B" doesn't imply "B -> A"

:)

Srinath said...

Hmm.. you seem to have portrayed 'lust' in a bad light. Too bad.

Lust: Does not kill the motivation to look for alternatives when ditched.
Love: Kills the motivation to look for alternatives when ditched.

Lust: Failure leads to only short-termed anger and frustration.
Love: Failure leads to long term pain.

Lust: Expectation on partner restricted to only one aspect of life.
Love: Expectations on partner span to all aspects of life, thus increasing the chances of failure and all the pain.

Strong Disclaimer: None of my above statements are related to my real life or experiences. Please avoid any inference ;-)

Unknown said...

Nice Blog Friend

Funny Sms Jokes
www.esmsfun.com