Monday, April 27, 2009

Whom to trust? (Part 1)

"Today you can't trust anyone" - started my pessimistic friend. Let's call him PF. PF went a little philosophical, "Forget anyone else. Can you trust your own self? Your emotions, your belief, your desires, your intellect, your decisions, your intuition. All of them can put you down. All of them can cheat you!"

PF continued "My intellect said I should become a Banker. Seems like I was wrong. My emotions told me firmly: if at all I marry, I should marry this girl. What a terrible mistake! My childhood desire was to buy the biggest and fastest buses and trucks possible, which I feel are totally absurd today.

I once believed in Gods in temples, which seems like total immaturity today. My human design system asked me to be nice and caring towards people - but today, I feel honesty matters than anything else. My intuition told me everything can't be so fickle and fake - but you know what.. Let me not fall into the trap again! Let me not trust it again!"

For a moment I was shaken. PF isn't totally wrong - He has a point. For heaven's sake, you never know whether you live in a real world or a Matrix. So, is everything fake? You can't trust anyone including your own self?

My answers to PF in Part 2 of the post next week.

@Regular:

Was just reading the book Tuesdays with Morrie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dwello is the right place to buy Homes. Buy your new homes with confidence with dwello. Dwello - Right Address is Waiting.
Om Aarish
Om Arch Villa
Omkar Heights
Omkara Naman
One Akshar

Anonymous said...

Dwello is the right place to buy Homes. Buy your new homes with confidence with dwello. Dwello - Right Address is Waiting.
Kanakia Rainforest
Park Royale
Mahindra Vicino
Platinum Life
Transcon Triumph
Vasant Oasis